Sunday, March 26, 2006

Hungry anyone?

I've often wondered why people blog. Do we really take the time to read the thoughts and ponderings that others have posted? Yet within myself, I find that at times there are things that I'd like to share and yet I don't necessarily have the outlet for sharing it. So here I am, sharing with you the reader. If this blog has a purpose, then it would be to burden you with a deep desire to walk with Christ.

Lately, God has been convicting me about hunger. It seems that most professing Christians are simply not hungry. I am not speaking of a hunger for food, but for the eternal, holy things of God. I have become convinced that within my walk with Christ, if I am not hungry for the things of God is it because I am being filled with the world.

Think of it this way. If you eat popcorn thirty minutes before supper, you will be so filled up with the junk food that you won't desire the healthy meat & vegatables. It's the same way with the world and the things of God. If you fill up with unholy and worldly things, your desire for God and His truth rapidly fades.

The awesome reality is that the Holy Spirit is our provision! He wants to fill us with great and wonderful things. Am I missing out on knowing, growing, and experiencing the pleasures of God because of a temporary, fleating pleasure? I encourage you - don't trade the things of God for the things of this world.

"For He has satisfied the thirsty (literally parched) soul, and the hungry soul He has filled with what is good." Psalm 107:9

Are you hungry?





1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Julia - this is wonderful. (You are an excellent writer by the way.) I am really enjoying these - please keep them coming. They are very encouraging and I appreciate you taking time to write and share it.

Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home