Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Command to Keep: Part 1

In the last year or so, I began to pray through the armor of God. I want to invite you to begin doing this. It really is a blessing. Ephesians 6:11 says, "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." This is a command to keep, and not something we should take lightly. The verse implies that the evil one is scheming against us - this very minute. Only the power of God can help us to withstand. The following are examples of how I pray through the armor. I will post the second half tomorrow.

Father, fill me today with You. Cleanse me of my sin from yesterday, and make me clean and pure to serve You today. (list any sins that come to mind from the previous day). Help me to serve You and serve others and not myself.

Helmet of salvation – prayer:
Lord, place on me the helmet of salvation…let all my thoughts be guided by the fact that I am Your child. When I decide on any action today, Father let it be with the thought in mind that I am a Christian and have been bought by You.

Breastplate of righteousness – prayer:
Lord, cover my heart and every essence of me with Your righteousness, Your holiness. Let me have a righteousness not of my own, but of your Son. Fill me with You. Help me to die to myself and my desires and seek Your holiness.

Shield of faith – prayer:
Father, place in my hand the shield of faith. God please help me to trust You for everything in my life.

Daily list things you need help trusting God for:
______________________
______________________
______________________
______________________


Give me a childlike faith today. Ease my mind, and my heart. Let Your shield of faith around my entire body extinguish the fiery darts of Satan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home