Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Command to Keep: Part 2

Sword of the Spirit – prayer:
Lord, put in my other hand the sword which you have blessed me with, your Word. Help me to long for and thirst for the Bible. Give me a desire to read it daily, and help me to be taught by You from Your very Words. May this be the sword that I carry daily to teach and instruct others in Your ways, and to bless them.

Belt of truth – prayer:
Father, place around my waist the belt of truth. God, let every part of my being be gathered up in truthfulness. Let every area of my life be under the authorities that You have placed me under. Fill me with truth from your Word, and help me to speak truth, and to live truthfully.

Feet shod with the gospel of peace – prayer:
Lord, help me to be obedient to prepare to share the Gospel. Help me to daily think about sharing Your good news with others. Let me be a light in the dark world. Fill me with a joy about my relationship with You, so that I cannot help but share that joy with others.

Prayer in the Spirit – prayer:
Father, help me to pray in the Spirit, constantly speaking with You throughout the day. Help me to listen and hear You when you speak. Let my mind be on spiritual things. Convict me of sin throughout the day, when I commit it. Let me instantly feel a prick in my spirit and pray for forgiveness. Help me to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit, that others may see my life, and glorify You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home