Monday, April 03, 2006

The Attributes of God

In walking with Christ, one should seek to know God more and more each day. One way to do this would be to study the atttributes of God. I have listed under my recommended reading list a book by Wayne Grudem called Systematic Theology. I think it would be beneficial for you to purchase this book because it teaches good doctrine. The study of doctrine is not limited to pastors, ministers, and seminary students. Rather, we all should seek to have an understanding of God through the study of His Word, and the study of doctrine.

I am going to do a study on here each day concerning the attributes of God. Most of the material will be taken from Grudem's book. I hope you enjoy, and become more thirsty to know God!

Grudem divides the attributes of God into two categories: incommunicable and communicable. Tomorrow the study will begin with the incommunicable attributes, which refer to "those attributes that God does not share or 'communicate' to others." Take time to meditate on this verse today as we prepare to know God in a deeper way:

Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches; but let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth; for in these things I delight, says the LORD. Jeremiah 9:23-24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home